Or some children and young people who struggle to make and sustain relationships, life can be bleak and placement breakdowns are often multiple. keys attachment offers a creative and committed solution of therapeutic residential care focused on addressing attachment issues. keys attachment homes provide nurturing environments alongside individual programmes of therapy and registered education.
The ultimate aim of keys attachment services is to work inclusively to support children and young people to make sense of their experiences and enjoy positive reciprocal relationships which will ultimately ensure that they are able to move on emotionally. The attachment Programme is an all inclusive package that involves the residential and educational teams working alongside the therapy team to deliver a programme of care that is tailored to the specific assessed needs of the child. keys attachment homes offer medium to long term therapeutic programmes for children and young people who cannot live in a family setting. We look after and help children aged 5-18yrs in small homes of 3-4 places. We have one home that has 6 beds and a school on site.
Homes are all well situated in the community and there is a sense of belonging fostered from the start of a child’s stay.
The staff teams are well supported by the Company, their Home managers, Therapists and independent Counsellor. Training in attachment issues and the effect of trauma is integral to their work. The teams in all homes are stable and caring. They have a clear understanding of the commitment required to successfully work with the traumatised children who come to live in our homes.
The Attachment Programme:
- is nurturing and supportive of children with attachment difficulties and for whom living in a family setting has been too difficult
- The treatment goals are to help children forge and maintain meaningful reciprocal relationships, have a coherent narrative of their lives and to be able to make informed choices for a brighter future. To move on appropriately and positively
- inclusive of all disciplines, meeting together regularly to ensure targets are met and programmes readjusted to meet the evolving needs of the individual child
- Weekly therapy which comprises of individual and group sessions which help the children and young people focus on themselves and what is important to them whilst not losing sight of long term goals
- We have a dedicated team of Therapists who are employed to meet the needs of the young people in our homes. They are registered and/or accredited with their own professional disciplines
- The homes provide a safe base from which the children and young people can practice the skills they have developed during their stay and subsequently help them bridge them into their next placement. Whether this is a substitute family, reunification to family or semi independence
What Makes Our Attachment Services Unique?
- inclusive programmes of therapy
- employed, registered and qualified Therapists on site
- staff consultation and training with Therapists
- Therapy takes place either at our attachment Centre or wherever it is felt most appropriate
- Realisation that therapeutic relationships take a long time to become established – we don’t give up and “close cases”
- education, Therapy and Home work together with shared goals
- monthly visiting advocacy services for all children
Discharges 2012 – 2014
our discharges show that a high percentage of our young people have achieved a successful and positive move on placement and we are very proud of this.
average length of stay – 22 months
Children and young people admitted to our service have suffered trauma and abuse in their past we work hard in partnership with the children and their placing authorities to help them achieve the best in their lives. We cannot offer a quick fix but we can offer commitment, expertise, dependability and a great quality of care.