What We Offer
Leaving Care offers placements to young people leaving care between the ages of 16 and 23 years old and our key focus is to ensure that all our young people are empowered to achieve realistic goals and ambitions in relation to their transition into independent living.
The following packages of support are offered:
- Transitional support packages: internally linking Children’s residential staff and 16+ support teams to ensure a smooth crossover between provisions.
- Low-level support package: Accommodation with a minimum of 15 hours per week within a solo provision.
- Medium level support packages: Accommodation and Overnight staff presence in addition to daily support sessions.
- High-level support packages: Accommodation and 24/7 provision and implement a phased reduction plan.
- Intensive support packages: Accommodation and high-level support including overnight sleep or waking night support hours to minimize risks with an additional support plan aimed at a 6-month reduction model.
- Emergency placements: supported provisions available to transition in an emergency.
- Shared provision: group shared accommodation: On-site staff team to provide monitoring with additional commissioned hours in line with the current support needs of the young people and implemented through a careful matching process.
- Mother and baby placements: to assist and complement ongoing parenting assessment, including early intervention work.
- Support Only: mentoring and outreach support available and a detailed outcome based action plan implemented to achieve positive tasks in minimal time.
In addition to the above Leaving Care are able to offer bespoke tailor-made support packages as requested by the referring officer to suit the individual needs of each individual young person.